Drive The Globe Launches All New Website
Our new design.
Alas, it has been nearly 8 years since our last web site design & update. That is a long time. Things have changed considerably in the tech world. Many of the functions on our old site simply don't work very well anymore- or in some cases don't work at all.
We have spent a significant amount of time launching this new site. Our goals are fairly simple.
- A clean, easy to use & visually stimulating layout
- Significant focus on media content such as photos & videos
- Integration with today's social media including; Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram & YouTube
- Mobile friendly. It has to work with iPads, Androids, Tablets & the like
- Preserve & respect our past archives & present them in easy to use formats
- Make the site easier & quicker to update in the future
Gone is Adobe Flash, outdated Java, pop-up windows, browser compatibility restrictions & slow load times. Our new format should be quicker & cross platform compatible. Probably the most significant upgrade is that our new site is responsive, meaning that you can resize your browser and the content (including the images, slideshows) will also automatically resize to help give you optimized viewing experiences. This is especially helpful if you are using any kind of mobile device. We have found that nearly 60 percent of all our web traffic comes from mobile devices!
We truly hope that you enjoy this new site & we look forward to sharing our adventures for years to come.
Our old design.